Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The most recent information I could find about this was from this thread in 2014.

So, I am asking for help from the community for the 2021 K5.

I am not so lucky as to be able to work from home. That means I must commute during rush hour. So, being in close proximity to the next vehicle with outside air as the default means I am breathing that vehicle's exhaust.

It is a constant battle to get the climate system to ONLY recirculate; I do not care about the other consequences of setting recirculate as the default; I only care about setting recirculate air as the default setting. We are all big-brained humans, which means that when we need fresh air, we can choose for ourselves when to allow air in from the outside, and I prefer to do so when I am far away from the exhausts of other vehicles.

The post I mentioned had a procedure to change the logic of the system. Also, manuals do not always provide the solution. So, if anyone in this community has any suggestions or information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Even in recirculate there is outside air being drawn in. That being said you can get an activated charcoal filter for your cabin air filter which will help with pollution sensitivity. As for changing logic and software I'm not familiar with the 2021 model, it may be that your question may be unanswered fo a while due to the age of your vehicle.

·
Registered
Optima SXL
13 Posts
The most recent information I could find about this was from this thread in 2014.

So, I am asking for help from the community for the 2021 K5.

I am not so lucky as to be able to work from home. That means I must commute during rush hour. So, being in close proximity to the next vehicle with outside air as the default means I am breathing that vehicle's exhaust.

It is a constant battle to get the climate system to ONLY recirculate; I do not care about the other consequences of setting recirculate as the default; I only care about setting recirculate air as the default setting. We are all big-brained humans, which means that when we need fresh air, we can choose for ourselves when to allow air in from the outside, and I prefer to do so when I am far away from the exhausts of other vehicles.

The post I mentioned had a procedure to change the logic of the system. Also, manuals do not always provide the solution. So, if anyone in this community has any suggestions or information it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I agree with you. I would prefer to press the recirculate button once and leave it that way until I wished to change the setting. That's the way it was in all my previous cars. Kia, are you listening?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts