Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2012 Kia Optima EX fully loaded in pearl white. I plan on buying the 2021 K5 GT trim with 290 HP that comes available in November. The only thing I can‘t decide is if I want the black or white paint.

Has anyone seen both colors side by side and if so what’d you think? What color do you prefer of all the available colors for the 2021 K5?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
I only owned (1) black car my whole life, and never again will I own another.

I love the Snow White Pearl paint on the Optima, so I would say go that route!

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
David--LOL in that case you wouldn't want to be in my shoes then; I currently own/drive a black GMC Yukon Denali, a black MB CLK 55 AMG, and of course a black Optima...and if Telluride pricing ever comes back down to more reasonable levels, I'll probably buy it in black as well! And before you ask--yes I've previously owned cars in colors other than black... :cool:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
David--LOL in that case you wouldn't want to be in my shoes then; I currently own/drive a black GMC Yukon Denali, a black MB CLK 55 AMG, and of course a black Optima...and if Telluride pricing ever comes back down to more reasonable levels, I'll probably buy it in black as well! And before you ask--yes I've previously owned cars in colors other than black... :cool:
Yeah I hear you, I'm a blue guy, so I have 3 blue cars haha!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only owned (1) black car my whole life, and never again will I own another.
Haha why do you say that? Hard to keep clean, swirl marks if not careful cleaning or just don’t like the look?

I wish the gravity gray was available in the GT trim but it doesn’t look like it is. :(

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
Haha why do you say that? Hard to keep clean, swirl marks if not careful cleaning or just don’t like the look?

I wish the gravity gray was available in the GT trim but it doesn’t look like it is. :(
So easy to see swirl marks in the black paint and much easier to see when dirty! Just my opinion anyway...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts