Kia Optima Forums banner

2021 K5 AWD

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  zalanreilly 
#1 ·
The next gen Optima will now be called the K5 and will come with and AWD system on the 1.6T version. The information was found on the fueleconomy.gov site but seems to now have been removed. Here is a story on it:

#3 ·
Back then, all the other luxury brand were doing like the Germans, so they just did that to separate their luxury line from the regular cars. In KIA's case, the Optima is called K5 in Korea, guess they just want to make that worldwide. Who knows if they will change over the rest of the line although, the K900 might not get that change. :)

#4 ·
LOL indeed--I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if say, some folks might not know off the top of their head what an (Acura) ILX looks like vs. a TLX...but many folks can readily visualize the difference between an Accord and a Civic...or between an Optima and a Forte. There are exceptions to the rule though--i.e., I don't think many folks wouldn't be able to distinguish between a BMW 3-series vs. a 7-series.

#5 ·
Speaking of Acura, they just launched their new TLX today. The back looks similar to the ILX and the front is TLX, it just look like a mixing of both cars. I was hoping it would be close to the concept they showed. Subaru does a similar thing with their concept. They look great and seem like they could come out as is, with a few minor changes but the end product is nothing like the concept. That GV70 looks close to the concept, I wonder if they will decide to do that 2 door concept they made some years back. That huge grill will fit their look now.

#6 ·
The new TLX is much better looking than the old one. I want to know more about pricing levels, especially with the Type S coming next spring. They didn't say how much HP/torque the twin-turbo V6 will produce yet either. The base TLX is supposed to start in the mid $30K range. The K5 GT will probably be in that ballpark, so it might be a good comparison.

#9 ·
Here's hoping that dealers won't try to jack up the price on the K5 like they're doing with the Telluride; yes I realize that it's their right to set whatever price they see fit but if you browse any of the Telluride forums you'll see that many dealers had (and quite a few still are) been pricing them anywhere from $1K to as much as $5K over MSRP...AND refusing to budge one bit on the price. Heck one of the local dealers in my area flat-out told me that he wasn't going to sell me one no lower than MSRP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.