Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found the market for tuning Kias and I love it. I need to spice up my LX. I'm looking for some performance upgrades to get my started. I also want to change my aesthetic first. I ordered new badges, and I'm looking to do a chrome delete and get some black wheels. Does anyone have any experience with either of those?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 19LX. You can't get much performance out of it. I have done my own chrome delete (not handles or side vent), spoiler, rebadge, mud guards, foot well LEDs, lowering springs, and new tires and wheels. I am installing the Truhart shocks and struts this weekend.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,079 Posts
Hey @Yankee welcome to the Optima Forums. Congrats on getting your 2020 Kia Optima LX model.

We have a great selection of parts on our website, but we don't sell either of those two.

If there is anything else you are looking for, don't hesitate to reach out anytime for assistance.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 19LX. You can't get much performance out of it. I have done my own chrome delete (not handles or side vent), spoiler, rebadge, mud guards, foot well LEDs, lowering springs, and new tires and wheels. I am installing the Truhart shocks and struts this weekend. View attachment 249503
View attachment 249504
Thank you! I understand Its not a mustang but just something to put some pep in its step. Your car is beautiful, what did you use to cover your chrome?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you! I understand Its not a mustang but just something to put some pep in its step. Your car is beautiful, what did you use to cover your chrome?
Thanks. I used Avery satin vinyl 3 inch roll. I totally understand about wanting some more pep. I only say that AFAIK there is not much that you can do to up the pep without getting into some serious work. Throttle body spacers, cold air, etc doesn't do much for our NA engines. I run it in sport mode for a little boost of the line but at the end of the day I wanted a cost effective car for my commute. I do like a nice looking car so have done cosmetic changes. I am looking at front and side splitters for the appearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I used Avery satin vinyl 3 inch roll. I totally understand about wanting some more pep. I only say that AFAIK there is not much that you can do to up the pep without getting into some serious work. Throttle body spacers, cold air, etc doesn't do much for our NA engines. I run it in sport mode for a little boost of the line but at the end of the day I wanted a cost effective car for my commute. I do like a nice looking car so have done cosmetic changes. I am looking at front and side splitters for the appearance.
Probably the bets approach, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,500 Posts
If you have a NA motor, your best upgrades are suspension, exhaust and cosmetic. And there are a lot of options at the K5Optima Store as well as eBay and several other sites around. good luck and enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts