Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey can anybody tell me if my 2020 Kia Optima has a factory amp and where is it located and the wire diagnostics to wire a lc7 for my amp?

·
Registered
2017 KIA Optima
3,267 Posts
Hi Thomas and welcome to the forum. Which model of the Optima do you have? The higher line versions with the HK system has an amp and that is most likely in the trunk under the lining. I am not sure if it is teh right side or the left side but if you push on the lining on the side, most likely closer to the parcel shelf, you will feel if there are things underneath there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just says 2020 Kia Optima FE and I looked around in the trunk for a amp but couldn’t find one and it only had speakers in the doors none on the back dash so would I have to tap into the factory radio it self meaning as in take the factory radio out and tap into the speaker wires or is there another way for me to run my sub?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It just says 2020 Kia Optima FE and I looked around in the trunk for a amp but couldn’t find one and it only had speakers in the doors none on the back dash so would I have to tap into the factory radio it self meaning as in take the factory radio out and tap into the speaker wires or is there another way for me to run my sub?
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same vehicle. There is no amp located in the car. The only way for you to hook up your subwoofer, would be for you to wire a amplifier to your head unit, then your subwoofer to the amplifier. Good luck and please keep me updated how it went. How easy/ or hard it was to hide all your wiring.

·
Registered
2019 sx 2.0T
12 Posts
If you're just going to add an amp for a sub, I think it would be easier to install a line output converter like the lc2i. If you're going to add multiple amps for a full audio system then you should definitely add the lc7i.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m trying to find the diagram for the wire colors on the factory head unit but I can’t find it any where 2020 Kia Optima FE please help me lol

·
Registered
2019 sx 2.0T
12 Posts
If you can't find a wiring diagram then next best thing is to remove a door speaker to see which wire colors they are

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m trying to find the diagram for the wire colors on the factory head unit but I can’t find it any where 2020 Kia Optima FE please help me lol
Your not going to find one, i jave master sheets gor the kia Optima i have a 2020 Optima special edition and i did stock radio aftermarket amp sub, door Speakers to amp. Then replaced everything. Looking to do the big 3 upgrade but the Optima is tricky. My email is [email protected] send me an email so i can send you the master sheets i have. They might help you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey @Jkemp Would you mind if I were to send you an email as well for the master sheets? I too have a 2020 Kia Optima Special Edition myself that I'm trying to figure out for my system. I'm looking to keep the stock radio and add an amp with a sub and replace all the speakers within the car also, but this is proving to be a little difficult lol! I would super appreciate it! Thanks 😊

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey @Jkemp Would you mind if I were to send you an email as well for the master sheets? I too have a 2020 Kia Optima Special Edition myself that I'm trying to figure out for my system. I'm looking to keep the stock radio and add an amp with a sub and replace all the speakers within the car also, but this is proving to be a little difficult lol! I would super appreciate it! Thanks 😊
Of course im helping few other ppl. Unfortunately there are not a lot of info on our cars. But yeah send me an email and ill do my best to help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Of course im helping few other ppl. Unfortunately there are not a lot of info on our cars. But yeah send me an email and ill do my best to help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts