Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey there, new to the forum. I just recently purchased a 2020 Optima Ex to replace my 2019 Optima Ex.

I've been using UVO in the 2019 as well as SiriusXM but in my new 2020, these features are not available. Why is it that in the 2020 EX plus has these features and the regular Ex does not?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
What features are you referring to? Are you saying that the 2020 EX doesn't offer UVO but the 2020 EX "plus" does offer it? If so, then TBH I don't know--maybe along the same reasons as to why for 2020 Kia removed the power-folding mirror option from the EX trim?

·
Registered
2020 Optima EX Premium 1.6 Turbo
9 Posts
@Hammerhead94 I just purchased a 2020 EX Premium 1.6T and it has UVO. im not sure that the EX was offered with it or not as i did not look at the EX because it did not come with the panoramic sunroof. But looking in the book it says the EX has the UVO so i would think yours has it. The only thing it showes as an option is the Navigation and Harman Kardon sound system.

Like @tonester said they didnd offer power fold mirrors on the EX Premium which sucks because i like that feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What features are you referring to? Are you saying that the 2020 EX doesn't offer UVO but the 2020 EX "plus" does offer it? If so, then TBH I don't know--maybe along the same reasons as to why for 2020 Kia removed the power-folding mirror option from the EX trim?
I'm referring to the 8" screen does not give you the icon for either UVO or Sirius. I called UVO support and they mentioned I would need to check with the dealer to see if there is a software upgrade or something else missing.
On a side note, my 2020 ex does have the power folding mirrors.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
Hmmm, wonder if it's a USA vs. Canada matter when it comes to UVO availability for certain 2020 Optima trim levels? Could be possible given that your Canadian-spec 2020 EX has the power-folding mirrors yet US-spec 2020 EX doesn't offer it. Heck, Canadian Optimas get the rain-sensing wiper option while USA ones don't get it even at the SXL level.

Furthermore I can tell that the SW version on your radio is a Canada-specific firmware as it has "CAN" in the firmware version number--my firmware version number has "USA" in it. In any case TBH I wouldn't know why (Canada-spec) 2020 EX Plus trim has certain (UVO) features not available in 2020 EX trim--you'll have to ask Kia Canada. Maybe those extra features are available with the Navigation option (is it even offered in Canadian Optimas?)--it does look like your 2020 EX doesn't come with it, based on the screenshot showing the firmware version in your radio.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,146 Posts
I thought I saw another thread in this forum where it was mentioned that certain 2020 Optima trim levels don't even include SXM; if true, then that might explain OP's observation of not finding SXM in his 2020 Optima EX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts