Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before in this thread I was asking about a problem with my steering wheel that I had. I had took it to the nearest Kia dealership, and the service guy had told me I had needed a brand new steering column. He said it came undone and that was why my steering wheel was sounding squeaky when I turned it.

Now I have a new problem with my poor optima. My engine light came on. 馃槩

Then now my car started to jerk when I would accelerate. It dosent make any sense. It鈥檚 a 2019! It shouldn鈥檛 have all these problems with it. Has anyone else had these much problems with a 2019 optima??

Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
Maybe the jerking is related to the check engine light?

It's best to find out what is causing the check engine light. Continuing to drive the car with that light might be asking for more trouble.

Did you know your car has a really good warranty?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I found out what was wrong, sorry it took so long to reply. So my 2019 is a lemon. The shaking and my engine light coming on was due to needing a whole new fuel pump assembly. And now just two days ago my poor optima stopped in the middle of the road and thank god it had enough power to coast off to the side of the road. That was so scary thank god I wasn鈥檛 on the freeway. And I had my 1 year old with me. 馃槥 my car does not start and I honestly think my engine went out. Going to tow it to the dealership in the morning to see what else went wrong with my car. At this point I鈥檓 done with this car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe the jerking is related to the check engine light?

It's best to find out what is causing the check engine light. Continuing to drive the car with that light might be asking for more trouble.

Did you know your car has a really good warranty?
Yeah I just found out what it was, my fuel pump assembly was bad. But now I鈥檓 pretty sure my whole engine gave out.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So before in this thread I was asking about a problem with my steering wheel that I had. I had took it to the nearest Kia dealership, and the service guy had told me I had needed a brand new steering column. He said it came undone and that was why my steering wheel was sounding squeaky when I turned it.

Now I have a new problem with my poor optima. My engine light came on. 馃槩

Then now my car started to jerk when I would accelerate. It dosent make any sense. It鈥檚 a 2019! It shouldn鈥檛 have all these problems with it. Has anyone else had these much problems with a 2019 optima??
I鈥檓 trying to see if anyone with the same year is having these same problems I am?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts