Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum - Thanks for the great info. Just bought a leftover 2019 Optima S 2.4 with 8,000 miles from a Kia dealer . Several times (both cold and hot engine) when stopped, the car will barely move, not take the gas, then after 2 or 3 seconds lurch forward. The engine doesn't die - just hesitates. I'll get it to the dealer (40 miles away) ASAP, But this is an obvious safety issue. Anyone else experience this? Did you find the cause? Thanks.

BVC

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
349 Posts
Old gas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to forum - Thanks for the great info. Just bought a leftover 2019 Optima S 2.4 with 8,000 miles from a Kia dealer . Several times (both cold and hot engine) when stopped, the car will barely move, not take the gas, then after 2 or 3 seconds lurch forward. The engine doesn't die - just hesitates. I'll get it to the dealer (40 miles away) ASAP, But this is an obvious safety issue. Anyone else experience this? Did you find the cause? Thanks.

BVC
Sounds kind of similar to my 2018 EX... Is there a check engine light on? When this happened to me, I had a code P1326 which had something to do with the bearings in the engine. Nevertheless, it was a quick fix and covered by warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gas is fresh.
No check-engine light or other warning lights. I have a code reader and ran a complete check - got no stored or current codes - everything was clean. Did some online research, and it seems a bad throttle position sensor would cause similar problems. Hope to get it to the dealer (under warranty) in a few days.

This is some info on your P1326 code:
P1326 Kia - Knock Sensor Detection System

Thanks for the input.
BV C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts