Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 kia optima LX 2.4L with 10000 miles on it. I bought it with 6000 and ever since I bought it, it has had this issue. It doesn't happen all the time but when I accelerate, it feels like it misfires or isn't getting enough fuel. It does it at low rpm's, high rpm's, and even when I have the cruise set at 80. It has also shut off on me 4 or 5 times. Each time was at a stop. Once had to give it gas when I started back up so it wouldn't die right back out. No CEL and when I take it to KIA, they say they can't do anything because they can't duplicate it. Anyone have similar issues or know a solution?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,624 Posts
Without a code, difficult to point to the problem. Know most can't do, or have the equipment to do this, but attach a meter to the OBDII port and watch info real time, or get the app for the car.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,010 Posts
Probably something like Torque app (for Android) which requires a OBDII dongle to transmit the OBD data to the app on your phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 kia optima LX 2.4L with 10000 miles on it. I bought it with 6000 and ever since I bought it, it has had this issue. It doesn't happen all the time but when I accelerate, it feels like it misfires or isn't getting enough fuel. It does it at low rpm's, high rpm's, and even when I have the cruise set at 80. It has also shut off on me 4 or 5 times. Each time was at a stop. Once had to give it gas when I started back up so it wouldn't die right back out. No CEL and when I take it to KIA, they say they can't do anything because they can't duplicate it. Anyone have similar issues or know a solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, I am having the exact same issue. I took it into Kia, they could not find any issues. They mentioned to record it when it happens again. Tough to do when driving, but I will certainly try. Please let me know if you have found out anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Pcook,
I am still dealing with it. I try to record it but everything I get the phone out, it stops acting up. Let me know if you have any better luck than me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts