Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

My latest purchase is a 2019 Optima "FE". It's a GREAT car. BUT, can ANYONE explain the "FE" ? I've seen this trim badging on several Optima's.
But it doesn't show up on NADA or Kelly Bluebook. If someone "TRUELY" knows, I would appreciate the information.

Now, I bought my Optima because I've been able to drive many different brands of cars simular in size to the Optima, with 2.4 engines. Gas mileage ranged from 29 to 35.5 mpg highway. And my 2008 Optima got the 35.5 mpg, along with the BEST acceleration of any of them. That seems impossible. Best mileage AND acceleration? I don't know how they do it. I guess it's possible. My old FORD F-150 had a 4.6 V-8, and while it gave me 200k of dependability, it couldn't beat a fat boy on a bicycle or get over 15mpg.

Anyway, Thanks for reading my first post.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
38 Posts
I bought my 2019 fe back in 2020 January and yes, FE means Fuel Efficient. after lil bit research, I found that and I actually get 40 MPG on the high way if I drive around 70 MPH even thought they said 35.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,597 Posts
I bought my 2019 fe back in 2020 January and yes, FE means Fuel Efficient. after lil bit research, I found that and I actually get 40 MPG on the high way if I drive around 70 MPH even thought they said 35.
Got to remember that the EPA fuel mileage ratings come from combined highway driving from bursts to 80 mph to other slowing/acceleration cycles, so if I stays at a given speed, the highway fuel mileage should be exceeded on any car, except our 2.0T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts