Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2019 has 20k miles since February. Wife puts a lot of miles on each day. Put on winter tires for probably 5k of those 20k in February to first of April.

Both front tires are showing the belt on the inside and outside.

For all the money spent on safety features, it's a crime the tires are not considered important.

And I am positive the dealer has never rotated the tires during the first two scheduled maintenance appointments.

Very dissappointed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we got out of there for around $38k. I wouldn't call that inexpensive. But maybe it is to others.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I was going to use the term cheap car, but thought I'd be gentle and use inexpensive, but really not talking about the cost, but the car itself. The cost certainly isn't what I call inexpensive, our '11 was @ $33,000, but when you look the car over and see the inadequate cheap materials, cheap glass, poor insulation, and what I call just overall poor quality products as well as engineering that leaves a lot to be desired, it gets put in the cheap car class.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Is that Canadian dollars? My 2017 Hybrid EX was S37k sticker before discounts, the regular EX shouldn't be more than $32K with all options. $38 sounds really overpriced. I'm curious, what tires did the car come with? I would use that tire warranty for replacements as I'm sure that is not normal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that Canadian dollars? My 2017 Hybrid EX was S37k sticker before discounts, the regular EX shouldn't be more than $32K with all options. $38 sounds really overpriced. I'm curious, what tires did the car come with? I would use that tire warranty for replacements as I'm sure that is not normal.
Spokane, wa. I don't remember the make if the tires. Dealer said they should have been rotated and lasted 30k. Ironically, after having new tires on for a few hundred miles, our mileage has dropped 5 mpg. Same driving conditions, except tires. Alignment is good.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If it's the same as on previous recent-vintage model year Optima EX trims, I'd guess that they're Kumho-branded tires.

I can't really compare the tires on my 2018 SXL to yours since mine are Michelins but FWIW I have 25K miles on them and AFAICT the tread is wearing very nicely--i.e., no premature/uneven wear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kumho does sound familiar. I know I should pay more attention. Wife has car from dawn to dusk almost every day. But I learned a big lesson about staying on top of wear and tear .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
4 Participants
Therosses5
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing