Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
36K for an Altima? No thanks. I would pick the Accord Touring over it despite the Accords funny looking front end......

·
Registered
109 Posts
Girlfriend has a '17 Sentra, it's a good car but I find the CVT to be god awful.

If they made these Altimas with the 2.0 turbo, AWD and no CVT I'd at least consider it as its a sharp looking car.

I'm happier with my Optima.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The reviews are finally starting to trickle out.

The Platinum Trim has no Ventilated seats, no LED rear tail lights, no heated rear seats, no sun shades, the material quality doesn't carry to the rear doors, etc... for $36k.

I could cut Nissan slack if AWD was standard like the Subaru Legacy, as there is a cost to everything. But Nissan still makes you pay extra for the AWD version, and it's not like you can even get it with the turbo.

I suspect that this non-sense probably has something to do with the Maxima. If you could get AWD, ventilated seats, and the turbo all at once there'd be almost no reason to go for the Maxima except for the experience of a V6 and bragging rights. However, that's Nissan's fault for not making the Maxima's interior bigger. As it stands, the Maxima is nothing than a 'premium' level midsize sedan.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Aggreed... Max is a better car, IMO, but I like how the Altima has a clean simplicity to it.... That being said, no cooled seats/heated rear seats, I'm disappointed... I believe the Camry is the same way...

Toyota wants buyers who want cooled front seats w/ memory and heated rear seats to step up to the Avalon, BUT, the Avalon is a land yatch, so IMO, the Camry XSE still can't totally cross compete with the Optima SXL... Atleast Nissan has the Maxima...

I feel like our Optimas are on nearly an equil level as a Max and close to an Acura TL, cause I had one...

Didn't realize Nissan didn't really add any traditional lux features to the Altima for the new gen... Looks nice, saw one on didsplay the other day!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts