Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I’m new to this forum and I had a question hopefully someone can help me with or answer! I have a 2019 Kia Optima S, I love my car but recently I been having a weird noise come from the steering wheel. I’m not too sure if anyone else had/has the same problem as me. My steering wheel is very hard to turn and it makes this squeaky rubbing noise when I turn the steering wheel. I have a video showing the noise but I’m not sure how to post it on here! Thanks!!

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,191 Posts
I think once you get enough posts, you will have the ability to insert a video.

In the meantime, can you copy the text of the website address where the video is hosted? You should be able to copy and paste the text into a reply, like this, but make sure to delete the part with "https://" and just begin with the "www" part:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TTWu7iOizQ

[note this video is just for testing and completely unrelated to this discussion]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all! I’m new to this forum and I had a question hopefully someone can help me with or answer! I have a 2019 Kia Optima S, I love my car but recently I been having a weird noise come from the steering wheel. I’m not too sure if anyone else had/has the same problem as me. My steering wheel is very hard to turn and it makes this squeaky rubbing noise when I turn the steering wheel. I have a video showing the noise but I’m not sure how to post it on here! Thanks!!
Recallfrom KIA! Steering Wheel Coupler. I have 2012 Optima steering wheel is loose after 80k miles, I purchased KIA new. Dealer is to replace part! JWT

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the problem ended up being my steering wheel column! I had got it replaced by the dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts