Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an accident that took out my passenger light assembly (back in May), took it into the shop for repairs. The collision shop needed to replace the light assembly and it has been on back-order since then - more than a month later and we are still on a waiting list. Anyone heard anything or can provide additional support for this? Have reached out to various Kia dealers for the part, as well as called Kia corporate to enter a ticket with the customer advocacy group....am traveling around the San Antonio area with a rental.....any thoughts?

Thanks, in advance.

I just want my Optimus Prime back!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Hey there, have you reached out to us directly yet?

We work with business partners in South Korea with Kia directly, so if parts are not available here in the US, we most likely can get them for you cheaper and quicker from Korea.

Instead of replying back here or sending a DM, please send me an email directly to: [email protected] & i’d be happy to help you. Unfortunately, we do not sell the individual sides by themselves, as they are sold as a complete set. However, we may find that it’s cheaper to order a new said that it would be to order just the one side by itself from here in the states.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Optimus Prime?? What model, with or W/O HID's?
Sorry, I call my 2019 Optima SXL, Optimus Prime. I believe that they are with HIDs. And, do I understand this correctly, I would need to purchase both assemblies (not just the passenger side)? Also, since Optimus is over at the collision repair shop, I would defer to them....would that work?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Sorry, I call my 2019 Optima SXL, Optimus Prime. I believe that they are with HIDs. And, do I understand this correctly, I would need to purchase both assemblies (not just the passenger side)? Also, since Optimus is over at the collision repair shop, I would defer to them....would that work?
All SX-L models come equipped with HIDs, so that would be correct.

Yes, if you would like to have the shop contact us, please provide them with my email address, and have them reach out.

We can provide them with pricing, pictures, whatever they need to get it ordered for you. Unfortunately, they would need to order the set together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just called my friends at Red McComb Collision and hopefully they (or USAA) might be reaching out to you all....gave them your information. Only thing would be the set versus individual light assembly - wondering if there would be a noticeable cost difference - cheaper to buy the pair than Kia/Hyundai would want for a single assembly. Anyhow....I passed along your information.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Just called my friends at Red McComb Collision and hopefully they (or USAA) might be reaching out to you all....gave them your information. Only thing would be the set versus individual light assembly - wondering if there would be a noticeable cost difference - cheaper to buy the pair than Kia/Hyundai would want for a single assembly. Anyhow....I passed along your information.
Awesome, happy to hear it and if I do hear from them I will definitely provide all of the information and hope for the best. Honestly, it will only be a little bit more money for the set than what you would pay for just one individual piece directly from the dealership here in the United States. So 🤞

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had an accident that took out my passenger light assembly (back in May), took it into the shop for repairs. The collision shop needed to replace the light assembly and it has been on back-order since then - more than a month later and we are still on a waiting list. Anyone heard anything or can provide additional support for this? Have reached out to various Kia dealers for the part, as well as called Kia corporate to enter a ticket with the customer advocacy group....am traveling around the San Antonio area with a rental.....any thoughts?

Thanks, in advance.

I found several items that should fit your car on eBay here:
(2019,2020) kia optima headlight | eBay

Hope this helps.

BVC

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hope this helps.

BVC
Sorry - @#$% link didn't transfer correctly. Just use this query - (2019,2020) kia optima headlight - on eBay and put in a $150 or so minimum price. Several items that fit should come up. I olove my 2029 Optima S, but parts availability seems to be a continuing problem.

BVC

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks, in advance.

That's bullshit **** u can buy them on eBay used or brand new all day long, I also have a 2019 . Check on ebay I'm telling u, but there not too cheap

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry - @#$% link didn't transfer correctly. Just use this query - (2019,2020) kia optima headlight - on eBay and put in a $150 or so minimum price. Several items that fit should come up. I olove my 2029 Optima S, but parts availability seems to be a continuing problem.

BVC
No worries - looked at eBay and they have the part(s) but, seem to all be "refurbished" parts or words to that effect - so doesn't pass the insurance guidelines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's bullshit **** u can buy them on eBay used or brand new all day long, I also have a 2019 . Check on ebay I'm telling u, but there not too cheap
Right? looked at eBay, but the brand new ones are not the HID

Hope this helps.

BVC
Thanks am still checking out ebay...lots of parts for the Kia Optima but, these need to 1) be HID (and not refurbished/an upgrade) and 2) pass the insurance boondoggle...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome, happy to hear it and if I do hear from them I will definitely provide all of the information and hope for the best. Honestly, it will only be a little bit more money for the set than what you would pay for just one individual piece directly from the dealership here in the United States. So 🤞
they were unable to find the part(s) they were looking for - can you send me your contact info and assist them, perhaps?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts