Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the proper battery replacement for a 2019 Kia Optima FE ?
My car stopped working the other day and had AAA come out to help diagnose this issue and they said i have a bad battery. Bought this car less than 6 months ago and have always brought it in for maintenance when it is due.

Also just wondering do you think this is an actual battery replacement ? this is from the Dealership service center’s “order parts” website. I just was expecting it to be a lot more expensive since it’s from the dealership?
parts website

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Actually agree with you as I was under the assumption that the factory battery from a dealership would be more expensive,
but here's the warranty that comes with the new 2019 vehicle:

Battery:
The original equipment battery is covered by a limited warranty for a period of 36 months/36,000 miles.
During 36 months/36,000 miles of the warranty period, a defective battery will be replaced at no cost to you.
Kia will cover diagnostic, installation and replacement battery costs.

If the vehicle is outside the warranty period and you opt for an OEM replacement, that battery comes with a warranty for 36 months,
first year free replacement, then prorated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually agree with you as I was under the assumption that the factory battery from a dealership would be more expensive,
but here's the warranty that comes with the new 2019 vehicle:

Battery:
The original equipment battery is covered by a limited warranty for a period of 36 months/36,000 miles.
During 36 months/36,000 miles of the warranty period, a defective battery will be replaced at no cost to you.
Kia will cover diagnostic, installation and replacement battery costs.

If the vehicle is outside the warranty period and you opt for an OEM replacement, that battery comes with a warranty for 36 months,
first year free replacement, then prorated.
thanks but unfortunately my car got stolen this morning shortly after posting this

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,398 Posts
Hopefully it is insured if found with damage or not found at all. Many years ago, had a car stolen and it was never recovered, vanished into thin air.
Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my
Hopefully it is insured if found with damage or not found at all. Many years ago, had a car stolen and it was never recovered, vanished into thin air.
Good luck.
back in january my 2016 kia optima was stolen when i was at the emergency room. they found it the day i bought my 2019 two months later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts