Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,209 Posts
Off-topic but related to OP's post--IMHO it's lame that Kia has chosen to decontent options/features or else move the line as to which trim has it; heck even 2017 Optima EX had power-folding side mirrors although TBH I can't recall if that was included as part of some upgrade package or if it comes standard on the EX.

·
Registered
2016 Optima LX
3 Posts
Off-topic but related to OP's post--IMHO it's lame that Kia has chosen to decontent options/features or else move the line as to which trim has it; heck even 2017 Optima EX had power-folding side mirrors although TBH I can't recall if that was included as part of some upgrade package or if it comes standard on the EX.
2016's had the folding mirriors with the premier pkg, my 2019 has premier but no folding.so i guess there in another pkg.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone install the power folding mirrors on the 2019? I have the SX but looks like only the SXL has the power folding included from factory.
Hi: I have the 2019 Optima SX as well and I actually bought the power folding mirrors. They are the Korean version and they fit perfectly. However, when installed the blind spot, turn signals, and door panel buttons all function but the mirrors don't fold. I don't know why but I now have them for sale on Ebay. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi: I have the 2019 Optima SX as well and I actually bought the power folding mirrors. They are the Korean version and they fit perfectly. However, when installed the blind spot, turn signals, and door panel buttons all function but the mirrors don't fold. I don't know why but I now have them for sale on Ebay. Thanks.
Did you buy the mirror switch as well?

part number - 93530-D4010

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you buy the mirror switch as well?

part number - 93530-D4010
  • Yes, it was included in the switch assembly. I installed the mirrors and switch panel on my old 2016 Optima that came with power folding capabilities from the factory and they folded with no issues. They just don't fold on the 2019. I was unable to return it and now it's for sale. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
  • Yes, it was included in the switch assembly. I installed the mirrors and switch panel on my old 2016 Optima that came with power folding capabilities from the factory and they folded with no issues. They just don't fold on the 2019. I was unable to return it and now it's for sale. Thanks.
****, honestly I assumed if we would buy the mirrors and the switch assembly, they would fold automatically when locking since the switch has auto folding now. So even if you tried to manually fold the mirrors with the switch, they still didn't move?

I don't think the wiring harness is any different from what I can see online, so I'm surprised.

·
Registered
15 Posts
****, honestly I assumed if we would buy the mirrors and the switch assembly, they would fold automatically when locking since the switch has auto folding now. So even if you tried to manually fold the mirrors with the switch, they still didn't move?

I don't think the wiring harness is any different from what I can see online, so I'm surprised.
All features except folding worked. I had a Kia Shop Foreman and Master Technician install it. It was plug and play and pressing the folding switch button didn't do anything. Something somewhere has to be modified, it seems. I'll sell them to you for cheaper than I paid if you're willing to buy and take a crack at it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like we would need the door wiring harnesses as well

91615D5030

but would need to get passenger side harness as well. So getting pretty expensive. Likely not worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.