Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have issues when you place car in park the car moves violently backwards when removing the brake.

Also when the car is at a complete stop on a hill it tends to go slightly backwards before I press the gas to accelerate.
Anyone here have these similar issues or.jnow what it could be? The car shifts fine.

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Violently, not at all, should not do that.

What is Pretty normal to me on my '13 optima and most any other vehicle regardless of brand is a slight movement, forward or back depending on incline but not violent.

What I like to do on steep inclines when parking, is keep foot on brake, set park brake, then release foot brake, no movement. Do in reverse when leaving. I do this because I don't like 'slamming' the transmission park pin (it is holding the vehicles entire weight) as you describe. Only downside is to remember parking brake is set and not drive off with it on....

Now, a slight movement backward (if inclinded that way) just before acceleration is rather normal, nothing can be done there but it does help to keep foot on brake just as acceleration begins (kinda like a manual). Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts