Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just Purchased a 2018 Optima SXL Certified pre owned with 8700 miles. It was previously owned by someone who trades every year. Getting to familiarize myself with the many features of this car. Little disappointed with the road noise. It has Michelin primacy tires. Any recommendations for quieter tires?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
What you might need is a quieter car, meaning more insulation.
Our '11 EX-T is far from soundproof, and rides like a truck. Think Kia forgot to add strut/shocks when the car was built.

·
K5 Optima Store Vendor
726 Posts
I just Purchased a 2018 Optima SXL Certified pre owned with 8700 miles. It was previously owned by someone who trades every year. Getting to familiarize myself with the many features of this car. Little disappointed with the road noise. It has Michelin primacy tires. Any recommendations for quieter tires?
Welcome to the Optima Forums!

Congrats on getting your 2018 Optima SX-L.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you find.

-David

·
Super Moderator
3,431 Posts
Some tires are noisy. And as tires wear down, they get noisier (all brands). However you can find some good tire reviews online and noise if always reviewed. I've had great luck through the years with Yokohama and Continental but Im sure there are others who make just as quiet of a tire.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looking to get a used 2018sxl with the limited and tech package. Did yours come with both the packages and if you don't mind what did the dealer ask for the car? Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
yankee101
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing