Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
425 Posts
No way to "re-tune" an LED bulb in a non projector fixture, as it is NOT designed for LED or HID and the light will blind oncoming drivers. (At least not that I have ever seen)
"Re-Tune" is a made-up term I use... The right term would probably be adjusting the horizontal cutoff so it isn't too high. All headlamps, regardless of type always have a vertical adjustment.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
"Re-Tune" is a made-up term I use... The right term would probably be adjusting the horizontal cutoff so it isn't too high. All headlamps, regardless of type always have a vertical adjustment.
No worries, you cannot properly adjust the cutoff to avoid blinding oncoming traffic on an HID/LED bulb being installed in a non projector lense, as it is not designed for LED/HID usage.

It's irrelevant at this point though, since all year models of Optima 2011-2020 come equipped with projector style lenses from the factory. We can both agree to disagree if need be. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Optima store ones died after six months and they wouldn't honor the warranty. Bought some Auxito 9005s off Amazon and they're the closest to OEM Leds I've seen. Been seven months and still working flawless.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
My Optima store ones died after six months and they wouldn't honor the warranty. Bought some Auxito 9005s off Amazon and they're the closest to OEM Leds I've seen. Been seven months and still working flawless.
Sounds a bit odd, we would never NOT stand behind our warranty here. We don't do business that way here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds a bit odd, we would never NOT stand behind our warranty here. We don't do business that way here.
Well I can go back through my email and find it. Also, posted a very reserved review that stated the issues I had after six months and amazingly /s it was never published on the website nor was I contacted. So I just gave up and ate the $200 bucks.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
Well I can go back through my email and find it. Also, posted a very reserved review that stated the issues I had after six months and amazingly /s it was never published on the website nor was I contacted. So I just gave up and ate the $200 bucks.
It's important that you review the information listed on the product page of the website you are ordering from.

If a product is only advertised to include a 6-Month warranty, and your product fails after the stated warranty coverage advertised, this is not considered "not honoring the warranty" as you suggested.

We will always stand behind the warranty we advertise a product to have when selling it. In regards to your "reserved review" I could not comment on that one. There are several factors involved when it comes to approving or denying reviews, and we don't simply hold back negative reviews because we don't care much for them. If a link to another product is mentioned, foul language, false claims of false info because of anger that something is not covered after warranty ends, etc, those are all reasons why a review may never be reviewed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's important that you review the information listed on the product page of the website you are ordering from.

If a product is only advertised to include a 6-Month warranty, and your product fails after the stated warranty coverage advertised, this is not considered "not honoring the warranty" as you suggested.

We will always stand behind the warranty we advertise a product to have when selling it. In regards to your "reserved review" I could not comment on that one. There are several factors involved when it comes to approving or denying reviews, and we don't simply hold back negative reviews because we don't care much for them. If a link to another product is mentioned, foul language, false claims of false info because of anger that something is not covered after warranty ends, etc, those are all reasons why a review may never be reviewed.
I'm not going to continue arguing with you. Firstly it was within the stated warranty time. Secondly, my review contained nothing controversial and was an honest review of the issues I had. Any company who chooses to filter negative and honest reviews doesn't seem to stand behind their products because if they did they're weren't be negative reviews. The OP asked for opinions on a product and again I gave an honest opinion for which you inferred I wasn't being honest. Not publishing honest negative reviews on your website and making inferences about your customers honesty is rather dodgy and I expect now you'll need to get the last word in. Sorry for offering my experience and opinion to a user looking for advice apparently that's verboten.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2017 Tesla Model X
28,707 Posts
I'm not going to continue arguing with you. Firstly it was within the stated warranty time. Secondly, my review contained nothing controversial and was an honest review of the issues I had. Any company who chooses to filter negative and honest reviews doesn't seem to stand behind their products because if they did they're weren't be negative reviews. The OP asked for opinions on a product and again I gave an honest opinion for which you inferred I wasn't being honest. Not publishing honest negative reviews on your website and making inferences about your customers honesty is rather dodgy and I expect now you'll need to get the last word in. Sorry for offering my experience and opinion to a user looking for advice apparently that's verboten.
I'm really sorry you feel like we are arguing here, that is not my intentions.

I have been a part of THIS community forum now for almost 10 years. When a new member joins less than 24 hours ago makes a blanket statement that one of the biggest, most active vendors in this community/and on this forum is not standing behind their warranty on a product, that's an allegation we don't take lightly, or are not going to speak up about and respond back about. In this day and age there are too many trolls that come around trying to tarnish good reputable companies for no reason at all. (I'm not implying you are a troll or are doing that, just clarifying)

I agree that any company that filters negative reviews is dishonest and should not be doing that, which is why I commented here explaining to you that we DO NOT do that, and I took the time to explain the reasons why we would not approve a review on our site. In closing, it makes no sense that we would not honor replacing the product for you, if it were within the warranty timeframe advertised on our site for the product. I am the owner of the business here, and we are reimbursed for any defective parts under warranty, so it would not make any sense for us to deny warranty coverage to one of our customers.

Please do not apologize for offering advice to other members, we absolutely welcome and encourage that here on the forum, and again, I apologize if you felt I was trying to argue with you or create an issue where there wasn't one. As mentioned, I have been a part of this community for nearly a decade now, and have been here on this very forum nearly every day and plan to remain a part of this community. I wish your experience working with us was better, and I'm sorry for the experience you had.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts