Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Had same issue and odb Link error code in our Hyundai 2017 sonata PHEV late April. About 80k miles, ev battery was only getting about 23 miles per full charge. Brakes went out when coming to stop, car shuttered, essentially stalled and hybrid/system warning came on to turn off car. Turned off at stop, Waited a few seconds, turned on, then was able to drive w engine light on back home to check odb error. Was barely able to get it to dealer, and it stalled twice on the way there upon stopping. Loved this car up until now. will be hard to trust this battery system again, as I'm near end of warranty. At least this repair will be covered and dealer is waiting on battery replacement, but it's been a few weeks already and no ETA... Seems it will take a long time.
I too was at about 80k miles. It sounds like we had almost identical experiences.

As an update, my car has been in the shop for over 3 months and still no news. I was told that the ETA was 6-9 months on getting a new battery, but apparently that was not definitive.

Funny enough we bought another Hyundai, a Santa Fe, but opted for the hybrid version instead of PHEV. The sonata issue was one of the reasons I didn’t trust getting a full on PHEV this time.

Anyway, I will update here if I find anything else out in the meantime!

EDIT: Looking back at my last post it seems I have been waiting almost 4 months now.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima PHEV
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Reading these posts, it seems I got lucky with when I got my replacement battery pack. Apparently I got it just before the COVID-related supply and shipping issues really slammed things. I'm sorry you folks are going through this.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts