Kia Optima Forums banner

2017 Optima With GM Ambient Lighting

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  K5 Optima Store 
#1 · (Edited)
I had an ambient lighting kit in my 2015 Malibu LTZ that I liked. It had two LED's for footwells, two for cupholders, a push button control switch and module with wiring. It is a pricey kit, part number 22922239, 2013-2015 Malibu, $399 list. You can find them on epay for much less. I paid $150 from a seller that had not installed it. The cool thing about the kit is it offers two colors, Blue and Red, with two levels of lighting per color. It has an option for automatic where it rotates through the colors/brightness and off. It saves the last setting in memory.

The kit also includes ~ a dozen foam adhesive pads for securing wiring and several zip ties.

I also wanted to add some illumination in the console slide compartment and forward of cupholders opening. I picked up a couple of Oznium 12v Red LED's for that. They are flush mount aluminum with o ring seal and nut, really nice.

For power, I tapped into Power Outlet wiring in console. They are powered up only with key on.

ambient_1 by Richard Olszta, on Flickr

ambient_2 by Richard Olszta, on Flickr

ambient_3 by Richard Olszta, on Flickr

ambient_4 by Richard Olszta, on Flickrambient_4 by Richard Olszta, on Flickr

ambient_5 by Richard Olszta, on Flickr

ambient_6 by Richard Olszta, on Flickr

ambient_7 by Richard Olszta, on Flickr

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.