Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just got a used 2017 Kia Optima Plug-in Hybrid. I've tried charging it at 3 different public stations and can't seem to get a charge. (Haven't tried at home yet because the plug doesn't reach.)

The red plug-looking indicator (the charging cable connection indicator) shows on the dashboard at first then after a minute or so, the charging status (in the center near the windshield) shows a blinking red light which then disappears. At that point the red plug on the dashboard also disappears.

I have never seen the "Remaining charge time" displayed.

Parking brake is on and car is in park. Start/stop button is off. Car is locked.

What could the problem/solution be? I've tried scouring the manual but can't find the answer.

Thank you for your help,

Jessie :)

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima PHEV
24 Posts
Hello!

I just got a used 2017 Kia Optima Plug-in Hybrid. I've tried charging it at 3 different public stations and can't seem to get a charge. (Haven't tried at home yet because the plug doesn't reach.)

The red plug-looking indicator (the charging cable connection indicator) shows on the dashboard at first then after a minute or so, the charging status (in the center near the windshield) shows a blinking red light which then disappears. At that point the red plug on the dashboard also disappears.

I have never seen the "Remaining charge time" displayed.

Parking brake is on and car is in park. Start/stop button is off. Car is locked.

What could the problem/solution be? I've tried scouring the manual but can't find the answer.

Thank you for your help,

Jessie :)
I have a 2017 PHEV. When plugged in, the indicator light on the top of the dash near the windshield should be solid green. I have only seen it blink red once - and it turned out the charging station itself was not working. The red blinking indicates the car knows it has a plug in there, but for some reason isn't getting the right (or perhaps any) current to charge the battery.

If you just purchased the car, even a used one, is there a warranty? A short one maybe? If so, bring it in quick before that period ends. If you are getting that light on three different charging stations, then there is likely something wrong with the plug or wiring in your Optima.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.