Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These new cars can sure be confusing. I have searched and searched online for the answer to finding the location of the transmission fill plug on a 2017 Kia Optima hybrid with a 2.0L engine and a 6 speed automatic transmission.
I am sure someone here has been through this. I "think" I have it narrowed down to an allen head bolt (looks too small for even a tiny funnel} or the 24mm bolt near it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2018 kia optima LX
44 Posts
girlfriend has an 18 optima 2.4L FE with the 6 spd auto + i assume?? the change is the same. thanks for posting the VID!! you did not mention if engine runs while checking + in gear or not as many times its recommendend to run thru the gears after filling. not picky but want to do it right!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
girlfriend has an 18 optima 2.4L FE with the 6 spd auto + i assume?? the change is the same. thanks for posting the VID!! you did not mention if engine runs while checking + in gear or not as many times its recommendend to run thru the gears after filling. not picky but want to do it right!
There's no dipstick to check the fluid, it's checked by removing the fill plug with car level.
It's been a while since I've changed the ATF temp sensor, but make certain you can remove the fill plug before removing the drain plug. After draining, fill until fluid flows out of the fill hole, then run engine until ATF temp is @ 135 F, remove fill plug, if fluid flows out let it drain then replace plug. Actually, if you fill completely when cold, you'll have the fluid run out when hot because of fluid expansion, but that's what I did, filled, then drove the car until engine up to temp, then opened fill plug and let it drain. Didn't check ATF temp, but if engine up to temp felt close enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts