Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
2017 Kia Optima LX
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this car and I have noticed the lights aren’t bright at all. I’ve looked everywhere and can’t figure out which lights my model comes with.

I want LED or HID but can’t find out if my lights are convertable or not.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Hey @HunterM welcome to the Optima Forums! Congrats on getting your 2017 Optima LX model.

We have LED headlights that are made specifically to work with the electrical system on the Kia Optima.

Below is the link to them on our website. The bulb size you would need is the 9005 bulb size.

The headlights themselves are 100% plug & play other then the wiring of the RGB Bluetooth controller.

You can find these on our website here: RGB LED Color Changing Headlight or Fog Light Kit - K5 Optima Store

Let us know if you have any questions before ordering.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey there!

9005 LEDs will fit your 17' optima no problem. When I got my optima I noticed the headlights were trash as well, so I swapped them out for some HIKARI (2020) 9005 bulbs from amazon for about $70 in my low and high beams, and they worked like a charm (just make sure you align them at the 9 and 3 o'clock position). Swapping them out to LEDs was better over the stock halogens, just not as good as the stock LEDs in the top trim (as for some reason these optima's have an odd low cutoff, but I believe you can manually adjust it).

Good luck!

·
Registered
2017 Kia Optima LX
4 Posts
Definitely agree with the HIKARI 9005 LED headlamps found on Amazon. I've been using them on my 2017 Optima LX 2.4 for a year with no problems whatsoever. I use them in both low and high beams, single projector housing. Very nice light color (like high-end OEM LEDs) and built-in fans are quiet.

As OptimaSOwner says, orient them correctly when putting into the socket. Once they're in, adjust the cutoff by using the dials on the back of the headlamp cases so they aren't pointed up, blinding oncoming traffic. :)

Here is a link:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts