Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, My daughter's 2016 Optima has single zone temperature control. When turning up the temperature dial, there's a clicking or vibration sound on the passenger side of the console for a few seconds then it stops. We figured it must be a malfunctioning temperature control (blend) actuator. We bought a new actuator from Kia, disassembled the glove box and removed the OEM actuator. It has a green cam which has a guided slot for the other green part, which has a metal pin, attached to the baffle shaft. I figured since the actuator is now removed, I should be able to manually rotate the baffle by grabbing onto that second green part and rotating both directions. But, it barely moves. It seems like the baffle might be stuck or jammed. Does this sound right? Once the actuator is removed, should this baffle be free to rotate, at least in one direction?

Thanks in advance!

Jim

·
Registered
207 Posts
If it doesn't rotate freely I would think the actuator motor wouldn't be able to do its job. Wonder if some debris got past the cabin filter :unsure: I put an actuator on a Chevy Impala a few weeks ago and the door would move on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.