Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I know there are tons of LED posts but I can't find an answer anywhere. I'm looking to replace my standard halogen with LED. There is limited space in the headlight housing for bulbs, and I assume that not all LEDs will fit with the fan/heatsink. What is the max bulb length that I should be looking at? If there's not a length that anyone can quote, can someone give me a brand that did or didn't fit with the dust cover on? Thanks!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,725 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Optima Forums.

To start with, what year and model of Optima do you have?

This way we can make sure to point you in the right direction.

All of our LEDs are plug & play and they all fit without any issues at all.

-David

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry, I know there are tons of LED posts but I can't find an answer anywhere. I'm looking to replace my standard halogen with LED. There is limited space in the headlight housing for bulbs, and I assume that not all LEDs will fit with the fan/heatsink. What is the max bulb length that I should be looking at? If there's not a length that anyone can quote, can someone give me a brand that did or didn't fit with the dust cover on? Thanks!
Hey, definitely wanting to replace my regular halogens with LED's as well, but the Kia Dealer service guy said that doing so can cause problems so I've been scared.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,725 Posts
Hey, definitely wanting to replace my regular halogens with LED's as well, but the Kia Dealer service guy said that doing so can cause problems so I've been scared.
Welcome to the forum @JoshieBlaze33

Unfortunately, the dealer will tell you a bunch of stuff like that, that is inaccurate.

They may also tell you that modifying anything on your car will void your factory warranty, but it just doesn't work that way.

LED headlights like the ones we sell, are 100% plug & play, meaning there are no wires to cut, or splice, and nothing to modify.

Therefore, I don't see why they would say that installing LED headlights will cause problems.

However, please give us a call if you have any questions or would like more information about them.

-David

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
3 Posts
I bought these last year for my 2016 Kia Optima EX, they fit fine with the dust covers on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts