Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a US build 2016 Optima EX that I had an accident in a few weeks ago. I had fallen asleep and drove over a median and it damaged quite a few parts. the damage had broken my Front bumper cover, Busted Oil Filter, Dented Oil Pan, Cracked Transmission value cover, Crushed Transmission Warmer (mounted on the Cover), busted Steering Rack, Radiator Support was busted causing the whole assembly to fall out and break. It would seem as the radiator came it it caught the wiring harness the connected into the AC compressor and ripped that connector off the harness. the plug on the compressor is fine I've managed to source all of my replacement parts expect this one piece, a few dealerships I have went to don't seem to have a repair kit for this part and only recommended replacing the entire engine wire harness. does any one have a recommendation on maybe replacing this connector? I have attempt to even track salvage yards but no one seems to wreak or salvage these cars around here at all to attempt to cut a good connector off.

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts

How about that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like it could be it.this is the connector on the compressor. I took the compressor off the car and took it to a dealership to see if their parts department could find a match

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts
I have an 18 or I would be happy to look. Maybe some of the 16' era owners can take a pic. 75$ seems pretty steep to me. But it's cheaper then a whole harness. It sounds like you totaled the car and should just cut your losses... in my opinion only.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea a few shops told me around $15k for repair. Parts was only about $2,500 labor was the rest, And insurance denied my clam so I said 2500 wasn’t to bad for parts I can fix it myself. Really only spent about $1700 for all the parts and paint. I had all the old parts off and new ones on in about 3 hours and everything runs again just don’t have this pigtail for the compressor. Yea the whole harness seems to be $800-1200 depending or maybe a used one on eBay

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts
That site has a picture finder you can try sending them the pic and seeing what they come up with. Or wait for someone to post a 16' so youd know for sure..

Good discount on doing it, hope it all works out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’ll give that a try and see what they can find. Yea I figured I fix it myself save a ton of money and not have a salvage title at that point. The shops quoted me like 4 labor hours just to remove the bumper cover at $100/hr I had it off in 20 minutes so that was just a rip off haha. Haha now I know to get some sleep before long haul drives so it doesn’t happen again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.