Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Optima LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about replacing the stock head unit with an aftermarket one I have in mind, but haven’t been able to find a wiring diagram to tell which wire is in every pin on the harness. Was hoping someone could help me out with a link/pic/source so I can wire in everything I need to on my next head unit.

·
Registered
2019 sx 2.0T
12 Posts

They make this wire harness for a non premium sound system, not sure which one you have

·
Registered
2016 Optima LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

They make this wire harness for a non premium sound system, not sure which one you have
Oops forgot to give the specifics on the stereo sorry.

I do have the non premium radio installed currently. When I was scrolling through the reviews on Crutchfield for that harness, someone left a one star stating that the harness didn’t have enough wires for the accessories like the back-up camera that are on the stock 2016 Optima LX harness.

I can definitely add new wires into the metra harness, but I don’t have any clue as to what any of the wires on the stock harness are for besides the speaker wires. Thank you for the link though! I’ll see what they offer in comparison to Crutchfield.

·
Registered
2019 sx 2.0T
12 Posts
As far as I know when you change to an after market head unit, you need to change the back up camera as well. I'm not sure they make an adaptor for them, since they're inexpensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts