Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my wifes Rear Driver side (LH) regulator. The car has 85K on it. The problem came about when window would not go up even though you hear motor working. When I did my research, ordered the Regulator from Dealer and began the install. I was meticulous about removing (watched a few videos and picked the best one) the regulator and wiring. I could see the splines on the regulator were a bit chewed up and some teeth were missing. This was probably the culprit. The teeth on the motor looked fine, none missing nor were they damaged in any way. I put it all back, plugged all power plugs (so you heard the "snap") and began the test. At the driver master switch, window goes up but not down. At the rear passenger switch, nothing but the motor is what you hear. Window does not go up or down. It was getting late so I will take a look (remove everything) on Friday. So: what could it be? When you center the hole and 10mm screw for the window bracket, I noticed that screw really doesn't seat. What is that screw doing if the window sits on the white plastic track above where the screw is located? Before I start replacing anything else, looking for some technical advice.
Thanks,
PJ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts