Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes Performance intakes that fits the 2016? Is it only Injen? And does anybody have a video of what it sounds like? I’ve looked all over YouTube. And can I put a blow off valve on?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to the K5 store to start, no benefit but you'll enjoy the sound, and yes.
Do you know if that LAP3 uncle chip works that they sell on that site or should I get a customer tune or do you know anyone like Cobb or diablo that tunes the optima. I do realize that a dyno tune would be the best but is there anyone that makes a tune for it?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,574 Posts
Both work, but you're choice and depends on the money you want to spend as there's the easy quick way with the Lap3 Uncle chip, or other tunes, e.g. BTR, Lap3 USA, etc. where the ecu is programmed. The only problem with the >2016 is that you're already starting in a hole as the factory HP is 29 less than the '11-'15.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,725 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Community Forum @Ritethe1sttime

What engine size do you have on your 2016 Kia Optima? (This makes all the difference as to what's available)

We do carry a few different options for the 2016 Kia Optima, but again it depends on the engine size. (1.6T, 2.4L, 2.0T, & 2.4L)

Once you let us know what engine size you have, we can make sure to point you in the right direction for an intake system.

However, here is a complete selection of all of the intake systems we carry on our website, and we can order anything not listed as well.

Air Intake Product Collection - K5 Optima Store (Remember, if the one you are looking for is not shown, we can still order it for you)

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both work, but you're choice and depends on the money you want to spend as there's the easy quick way with the Lap3 Uncle chip, or other tunes, e.g. BTR, Lap3 USA, etc. where the ecu is programmed. The only problem with the >2016 is that you're already starting in a hole as the factory HP is 29 less than the '11-'15.
BTR does not make a chip for the 2016 I think

·
Registered
2013 Optima LX 2.4L // 2016 Optima SXL 2.0L Turbo
18 Posts
Who makes Performance intakes that fits the 2016? Is it only Injen? And does anybody have a video of what it sounds like? I’ve looked all over YouTube. And can I put a blow off valve on?
I don't think I have anything on youtube regarding the intake, but if you check my instagram story highlight, I have a before and after stories posted. my handle is gerrielperez incase link doesn't work properly.

Link below:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts