701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Is proud to present to the Optima Forums:

2016-2020 Kia Optima - Eibach Lowering Springs

(BUY NOW)

FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE US

Description:

These Eibach lowering spring improve your vehicle's looks and performance
Lower your vehicle's center of gravity, reducing body roll in the turns, dive under braking, squat during acceleration, and gives the car a solid and secure feeling at all times
Minimize the ugly "fender gap" that makes a car look "lifted"

Vehicle Application:

2016-2020 Kia Optima (Except Hybrid)
2015-2019 Hyundai Sonata
2011-2015 Kia Optima models
(Found here)
2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata models (Found here)

Installation Information:

(Found here)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
97 Posts
I only wanted to lower my car about an inch and have had my eye on these since back when they were announced on Kinetic's site.

Really happy these are on the site now! The year end sale price definitely helped sway my decision to purchase them.

I'll post pictures and update this post with my impressions after I install them.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
I only wanted to lower my car about an inch and have had my eye on these since back when they were announced on Kinetic's site.

Really happy these are on the site now! The year end sale price definitely helped sway my decision to purchase them.

I'll post pictures and update this post with my impressions after I install them.
Thank you very much for placing your order with us on the site for these. Please do post up some pics of them once installed. :)

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
97 Posts

Installed the springs over the weekend. I love them!

They ride as smooth as the stock springs did, lower the car just enough to get rid of most of that pesky wheel gap, and were very easy to install.

Now I've just got to wait for Winter to go away so I can get some new wheels!

Here's a couple of pictures:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
Absolutely love it! Perfect drop height without looking slammed and having issues with rubbing.

Did you do the installation yourself? About how long did it take from start to finish?

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
97 Posts
Yes, I installed them myself. I've installed a few sets of lowering springs on other vehicles so it was pretty simple.

It only took me about 2 hours to install them with taking pictures of the progress as I went. It also helps having the right tools (Spring compressor, just in case) and a decent area to work in.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
403 Posts
Installed these yesterday afternoon. Took about 3 hours to install without air tools. Install was easy and straighforward, with the rears being ridiculouly easy. Ride and handling is night and day improvement over stock. Took a few hours for springs to settle. Obligatory crappy cell phone pic below...

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
Yes, I installed them myself. I've installed a few sets of lowering springs on other vehicles so it was pretty simple.

It only took me about 2 hours to install them with taking pictures of the progress as I went. It also helps having the right tools (Spring compressor, just in case) and a decent area to work in.
Glad to hear you got it done on your own and that it was pretty simple to do!!

Installed these yesterday afternoon. Took about 3 hours to install without air tools. Install was easy and straighforward, with the rears being ridiculouly easy. Ride and handling is night and day improvement over stock. Took a few hours for springs to settle. Obligatory crappy cell phone pic below...

Sweet!!! Looks great and happy to hear the install was straightforward for you as well. Thank you again for your business with us!

·
Registered
2016 KIA OPTIMA
152 Posts
Looking forward to achieving the proper height on my car without overly spending money. Went with the strut bar and springs combo. It was recommended by several forum members and David from K5OS. Hopefully the feel of the ride is as awesome as it looks!

Big help today, thank you K5OS team!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
Looking forward to achieving the proper height on my car without overly spending money. Went with the strut bar and springs combo. It was recommended by several forum members and David from K5OS. Hopefully the feel of the ride is as awesome as it looks!

Big help today, thank you K5OS team!
Very much appreciate your order with us! Looking forward to hearing a review on the springs after they have been installed and settled on the car.

You're very welcome, and look forward to working with you again soon!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I recently installed a set of 19" wheels and tires and was horrified by the gap in the wheel well. I am not fond of the "slammed" look and didn't want to destroy my cars ride quality so I was hesitant to lower it with springs alone.

I did a little research and decided to buy the Eibach springs since they are advertised to produce a modest drop. After purchasing I got cold feet again and actually sent an email out to cancel the order. A few minutes later David from K5OS contacted me and put my worries to rest.

I had the springs installed today and made sure to take a few pics this morning and a few pics this evening (See below). My main worry: ride quality hasn't suffered in the slightest. There's no discernable difference between the stock feel and the Eibach springs. I confess originally I was disappointed in the amount of drop achieved until I went out and took pictures this evening. After seeing the new pictures compared to the earlier one the difference was clear.

Attached are photos showing the before and after of front and rear, a before and after of the side profile, and just a random completion photo. Hopefully the forum allows the pictures to be viewed large enough for the differences to be seen.

Attachments

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
I recently installed a set of 19" wheels and tires and was horrified by the gap in the wheel well. I am not fond of the "slammed" look and didn't want to destroy my cars ride quality so I was hesitant to lower it with springs alone.

I did a little research and decided to buy the Eibach springs since they are advertised to produce a modest drop. After purchasing I got cold feet again and actually sent an email out to cancel the order. A few minutes later David from K5OS contacted me and put my worries to rest.

I had the springs installed today and made sure to take a few pics this morning and a few pics this evening (See below). My main worry: ride quality hasn't suffered in the slightest. There's no discernable difference between the stock feel and the Eibach springs. I confess originally I was disappointed in the amount of drop achieved until I went out and took pictures this evening. After seeing the new pictures compared to the earlier one the difference was clear.
Attached are photos showing the before and after of front and rear, a before and after of the side profile, and just a random completion photo. Hopefully the forum allows the pictures to be viewed large enough for the differences to be seen.
I don't know how I missed this. Thank you so much for the detailed post with pics and info. I really appreciate you taking the time to post this and for the shoutout.

Thank you again for your business with us!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,964 Posts
Do you guys have any lowering springs that get rid of the wheel gap completely? Also do these void the manufactures warranty? Thanks ??
Welcome to the Optima Forums @Solo_909

We have a bunch of different springs available on our site to choose from.

All of them will offer a different drop height. However, these are the least drop height out of all of them.

Which basically means the best comfort while still closing up some of the wheel gap.

No, you can read lots more about that here on our site: Factory Warranty - How it is affected by modding - K5 Optima Store

-David

1 - 20 of 21 Posts