Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should the steering coupler be covered for my 2015 Kia ? It pops really loud when turning and even worse when I make sharp turns. I have had the suspension checked and everything is fine. Dealership wants to charge $100 just to diagnose it.. They said the warranty does not cover my year car(and that it’s not an active bulletin)

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,184 Posts
If you are patient, handy with tools, and can follow along with a video, you could try replacing this yourself.

The part costs around $6, and it takes about 45 minutes to replace. That way you'll save the diagnostic fee, and also whatever labor fee they would charge to do the work. Plus, you'll probably save time, seeing how it would take time to drive to the dealership, wait, process the paperwork, get a ride, and then do it all again when you pick up the car (likely take more time than the 45 minutes to just do the work yourself).

Just follow along with this guy. He includes an intro and other pauses, goes slow, and explains everything, and still manages to finish the job in less than 45 minutes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts