Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my first post! Looking forward to being a part of this community. So I have a red 2015 sx and I love it. I got a little scrape on my rear number and front bumper is a bit damaged, I'll attach pics. But I want your opinions on what to do. I was thinking about buying a non painted front and rear bumper from eBay or somewhere, and have them vinyl wrapped with matte black Or carbon fiber. I haven't seen any optimas with bumpers wrapped just seen like the roof or the hood. Anybody have any thoughts about this? I'm pretty sure it won't cost significantly more to have this done as opposed to just the repair of the original

·
Registered
2013 Optima LX Bright Silver
10 Posts
Hi!! Welcome to the forums I have almost the same damage on the back bumper when I got the car i was just planning on buying a new bumper and getting it painted and then installing myself.
Screenshot_20210312-191552~2.png

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,197 Posts
Hmm I'm a fan of using welding or epoxy and/or bondo, and touch-up paint. It's not perfect, but I'll do that when the damage is not too bad. Like with that front bumper issue, I mean that seems like it's low enough to not even see, so you can just weld it back together, put some reinforcement on the back, and touch up with paint.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,403 Posts
I've fixed many covers, even the SWP Optima rear that had quite a few small "dents" in the rear cover as well as a slice in the middle and
right side pulled out maybe 1". Heat gun did wonders to get everything back in place, then just normal sanding/body work. I painted it myself,
base, color, clear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts