Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any input would be appreciated. I'm thinking of upgrading my tail lights, inner and outer on my 2015 Optima LX. From the factory bulb assemblies to LED assemblies. I'm wondering if this would be just a plug n play or even fit/work for me.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
Hi there, I believe we have EXACTLY what you are looking for.

These below are OEM factory Kia parts, and these are what come standard on the higher up trim levels.

Kia Optima 2011-2015 OEM LED Tail Lights - K5 Optima Store The actual tail lamps themselves are 100% plug & play.

However, a small pin-out is needed to have the LEDs function properly. (We do have a DIY on our site as well showing this)

·
Registered
2015 Optima EX
70 Posts
I ended up putting LED bulbs in, in place of the standard bulbs and had to use a resister... This was a few years back. I recently bought a 2007 Honda motorcycle and changed the bulbs out on there, and they had a flasher relay that did all the work, easy plug and play.

Not sure if they now have a relay for our cars that eliminates the need for the resister or not, but if they did, that would be very nice.

Anyone have any ideas if they do?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,675 Posts
I ended up putting LED bulbs in, in place of the standard bulbs and had to use a resister... This was a few years back. I recently bought a 2007 Honda motorcycle and changed the bulbs out on there, and they had a flasher relay that did all the work, easy plug and play.

Not sure if they now have a relay for our cars that eliminates the need for the resister or not, but if they did, that would be very nice.

Anyone have any ideas if they do?
No, the optima does not have a flasher module that can be changed out. You have to use the load resistors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts