Kia Optima Forums banner

2015 optima LX front & rear door speaker size

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Unit ZER0 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the size of the door speakers on my 2015 Optima LX? I'm getting 2 different sizes when I'm looking them up, 6.5" and 6.75". I am looking to upgrade them from factory speakers. I also was given the front dash speaker size, which I'm not going to replace. Too much work. And it listed an 8" rear deck speaker. I had to go out and look to see if I actually have one, which I don't. But I was able to locate, what looked to be a round 'area' of I choose to mount one.
I'm just looking to replace door speakers. If anyone could help with the exact size before I order them.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
They are 6.5 inches.

If you're going to replace any speakers at all, you must be sure to match the impedance of the new speakers with the old ones.

For better stock head unit performance, replace all your speakers. I have a couple comments detailing an optimal layout, and even how to add a dvc subwoofer as a low-pass speaker for better bass.

GIYF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.