Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday went out and my door ajar notification wouldn’t go off, interior lights also wouldn’t turn off as well. I opened and closed my door several times, was still happening, I tried a few things to see what was wrong and why all of a sudden this happened. I also couldn’t set my alarm. So I did a bit of investigating today because I thought maybe there was a short in the wire, ice buildup or just something as stupid as pet hair blocking the door jam, well to no avail I figured it out, the button that tells the car the doors closed wasn’t making a proper connection with the door because the spot on the door where the button connects is dented in and not pressing it in all the way so I did a Mickey Mouse job until I can get the dent out, I taped a small piece of cardboard to the door and well it’s fixed for now!!! So if anyone has this same problem try this for now!
Happy new year’s to all!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea what made the dent in the door?
Probably slamming it too hard a few times or just over time it slowly made the dent, it’s in the exact same spot as the button, we’ve only had the car a year so whoever had it before us could’ve slammed the door constantly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts