Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima EX 2.4L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolling down the road and car stalls. When I try to restart it it’s a slow crank as if the batter is dead. Put a jump pack on it and it helped but started smoking by the Alt. or possibly the starter. Now I cannot for the life of me get it to even try to crank. I’m scared to go old school and cross the Solenoid. I have tried the relays, holding the button down. Checked connections. I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,194 Posts
Might be worth identifying the source of the smoke.

Did the smoke make a smell, like burning plastic?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rolling down the road and car stalls. When I try to restart it it’s a slow crank as if the batter is dead. Put a jump pack on it and it helped but started smoking by the Alt. or possibly the starter. Now I cannot for the life of me get it to even try to crank. I’m scared to go old school and cross the Solenoid. I have tried the relays, holding the button down. Checked connections. I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.
Try to turn the crank pulley to make sure the engine is not seized like mine. Make sure to turn engine the same direction when it runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima EX 2.4L
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might be worth identifying the source of the smoke.

Did the smoke make a smell, like burning plastic?
Yes, I could tell it was something electrical burning. Tried to pinpoint it but it’s almost right there under the manifold and I don’t know anything about those. Never seen a plastic one before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts