Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Optima and I am wanting to put in LED headlights, but for some stupid reason Kia decided to use a bulb (H11a) that has to attach to the housing with the socket instead of the bulb itself. I have heard that there are adapters to connect the led bulb to the housing, but I don't know which one to get. I bought some off ebay that were suppose to work, but couldn't get them to stay securely. Does anyone know which adapter works best and how it actually works? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
Never heard of H11a only H11. Are you putting OEM LEDs or aftermarket LED bulbs in existing non-LED sockets? Got a pic of original and replacement bulb? I've never seen of an adapter but who knows. I would use existing sockets because they have reflectors in the correct locations to aim the light to maximize your vision and minimize blinding oncoming traffic, just a thought...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never heard of H11a only H11. Are you putting OEM LEDs or aftermarket LED bulbs in existing non-LED sockets? Got a pic of original and replacement bulb? I've never seen of an adapter but who knows. I would use existing sockets because they have reflectors in the correct locations to aim the light to maximize your vision and minimize blinding oncoming traffic, just a thought...
I'm using aftermarket let's that I got from the optima store. I think the the bulbs are just the or h11 or the h7, I can't remember exactly what bulb type it is, it's the Korean version of the headlight assembly and they have made it a huge pain in the ass!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using aftermarket let's that I got from the optima store. I think the the bulbs are just the or h11 or the h7, I can't remember exactly what bulb type it is, it's the Korean version of the headlight assembly and they have made it a huge pain in the ass!!!
Which bulbs did you get? I got some from the optima store and I had to find an adapter to fit on the bulb itself in order to fit in the housing and I can't seem to find any that works! I hate that they made both h11 and h7 type housings!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
Sounds like you are getting H11 & H7 confused.

All H7 headlight bulbs require a bulb adapter to lock them in place.

All 2015 Optima models sold in the US are made in Georgia, not Korea.

You just need to order the "Kia H7 Bulb Adapters" that you can find on eBay or Amazon for about $6-$9 shipped.

·
Registered
2004 Kia 2004 Optima XL
156 Posts
Sounds like you are getting H11 & H7 confused.

All H7 headlight bulbs require a bulb adapter to lock them in place.

All 2015 Optima models sold in the US are made in Georgia, not Korea.

You just need to order the "Kia H7 Bulb Adapters" that you can find on eBay or Amazon for about $6-$9 shipped.
We'll be working on buddy's 2015 Optima project right after we finished installing the suspension and dually rims on the current F250 project and clear the garage. It seems the previous owner tried to install the LED headlight for the Optima as he mentioned they are in the trunk. Good to hear they'll just need adapters.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts