Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Had a minor accident which broke the front bumper, grille and driver side headlight. Got a new headlight and bumper, went to put the new headlight and noticed the bar above the light that is attached to the radiator support assembly is bent. I ordered a new radiator support assembly. Is it easy to replace myself or do I need to take it to somewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Take it somewhere. The radiator support is a structural component, various measurements need to be takes and then the front need to be pulled on a special machine to get it dimensionally corret. After that it will be repaired or replaced. The shop will also check the frame rail ends and the fenders inner structure. Along with R&I components for access like the radiator condenser etc, basically the front end. If you have full coverage insurance you may want to file a claim. This is a very involved repair and can get expensive

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,216 Posts
Haven't replaced one on the Kia, but would believe it's not the structural component it was many years ago, as a lot of
plastic, so it should be a bolt on affair. Make certain you disconnect the battery as air bag sensors are in the front, and
just start from the front removing items.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
43 Posts
i had a similar issue where i had to get a new assembly as well - i did not install it my self as i have literally zero maintenance skill. so i bought what i needed (radiator assembly that was genuine oem from Kia Parts - Genuine OEM Kia Parts and Accessories Online). came in four days. during that time i looked on Yelp for a good mechanic and lucked out. i think they were busy so i was without a car for 2 weeks. but after that everything was tip top.

id suggest as well to take it somewhere too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts