Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Optima 2015 KIA Optima LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 KIA Optima LX model that currently has 16 inches tires but my husband wants to put 215-55-17 tires on it with his rims that has 17 inch (2014 KIA Optima LX). Is there any problem using 17 inch tires/rim on my 2015 KIA? Tire Rack is telling us we can put 17 inch it. Your opinion? Will it do anything to the sensor for low tires if changed? Thanks, Cynthia

·
Registered
13 Ebony SXL Turbo Touring & Tech Pkgs: Original Everything 195K Drag wheels
440 Posts
Physically it will work. Speedometer will be slightly inaccurate but not much. Low pressure sensor should not be affected either. If you don't like it for some reason, it can be put back too.

·
Registered
2015 Optima 2015 KIA Optima LX
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As the two sizes are standard equipment on the Optima, no problem at all with the change.
Thank you to all who reply! My husband just put the tires/rim on and seems working fine right now, error on tire pressure on dash. I'm good to go! Thanks! Cynthia

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 KIA Optima LX model that currently has 16 inches tires but my husband wants to put 215-55-17 tires on it with his rims that has 17 inch (2014 KIA Optima LX). Is there any problem using 17 inch tires/rim on my 2015 KIA? Tire Rack is telling us we can put 17 inch it. Your opinion? Will it do anything to the sensor for low tires if changed? Thanks, Cynthia
I have a 2015 Optima LX, I know it came with 16 inch tires and wheels, the dealer wanted to sell it faster so they installed 17 inch tires and wheels, 3 years ago I replaced those with 18 inch tires and wheels, It's also lowered on Eibach springs, The speedo wont be changed as long as the the tires you put on it are the same height as the 16's that were on it. I'm a retired ASE master mechanic with 25 years experience.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,667 Posts
Thank you to all who reply! My husband just put the tires/rim on and seems working fine right now, error on tire pressure on dash. I'm good to go! Thanks! Cynthia
Some have said will learn and the light will go out, but at one time they were car specific, meaning if the light stays on need a shop to scan the sensors and update the car's system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2019 was stock with 18", I went to 20's not a problem
Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle Tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts