Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My Kia Optima 2015 drivers side headlight is out. High beams both work and I’m getting no power to that headlight for some reason. All fuses have been checked and are all good. Changed the bulb and still no power or light. What do you think I should do? What could be the issue?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,123 Posts
Welcome to the Optima Forums.

Sorry to hear about this issue you're having.

For starters, what trim level of Optima do you have? This will tell us if you're talking about HID bulbs or halogen.

If HID, try swapping the OEM HID Ballast from one side to the other to see if the issue moves over the other side or not.

-David
K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply! @K5 Optima Store my trim is LX. I Switched out bulbs and swapped as well and it’s just the driver side that doesn’t work. The problem isn’t the bulb.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,123 Posts
Thanks for the reply! @K5 Optima Store my trim is LX. I Switched out bulbs and swapped as well and it’s just the driver side that doesn’t work. The problem isn’t the bulb.
You're welcome and darn, not sure what to say since it's not HID, I am not sure how else to troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
38 Posts
Hey guys. My Kia Optima 2015 drivers side headlight is out. High beams both work and I’m getting no power to that headlight for some reason. All fuses have been checked and are all good. Changed the bulb and still no power or light. What do you think I should do? What could be the issue?
It's probably one of the bigger 40A, 50A or 60A B+ fuses under the hood. There is almost always a fuse per side of vehicle for headlights and probably a relay per side. sometimes it's hard to see if they're blown but can put a meter across to check continuity. if those are good find where the relay may be and should hear or feel it click when someone turns the switch on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts