Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 Optima with electric, leather, heated and cooling drivers seat. the seat went back when I opened the drivers door to get in like it is supposed to do. However, it did not move forward and is stuck in that position.

Kia says it is probably a defective motor and the only "fix" is to order a whole new seat and have it installed. The cost is $1500.

Does anyone out there know of an alternative. It is my understanding that this is a common problem on the 2015 Optima.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
516 Posts

Above is a wild attempt to find something to help Forum experts help you. No clue IF these tips relate to Kia but there are surprising links in the chain that may affect your issue.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,851 Posts
First, I would check to see if there is power going to the seat motor, and if there is might want to try and tap the motor to see if you can get it to move,
at least to get it back into driving position.
Not certain as to your location, but if all else fails, might take a look at a used seat:
www.car-part.com

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,886 Posts
also maybe investigate if something is interfering with the seat movement, like inside the tracks or mechanisms.

It's fairly easy to remove the four bolts and lift up the seat to look underneath. maybe just take it out and flip it over and look carefully.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,851 Posts
Be careful if you remove the seat, put a blanket/towel over the rocker panel covering at the door
opening as those seat rails are like razor blades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts