Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a catch can for my 15' 2.0 turbo, never used one before. From what I've gathered, it would be a big benefit for the turbo GDI. I am looking for a recommendation as to brands. Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,769 Posts
Sure can't hurt, but look look for one that has a filter and no sense going nuts with the price. My opinion is purchase one for the PCV side, one inlet, one outlet.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
503 Posts

W / current 10% Disc off $166 (code = v3sale ) about $150 + options (ie) I got extra O-Rings ----
There are likely $100 OCC's to be had but I can't recall any Forum conversations with brand names to offer you.
Above ADD W1 Brand is what several of us have bought -- AND there have been several discussions about an extra port model = 3 (V3.3 - Vs - 2-Port V3) a few got for the "Clean Air side" that No One has documented as having had any meaningful crud capture. I got the V3 2-Port as above for my '16.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,936 Posts
We would be happy to help you with this, and our pricing is lower than ordering directly from the ADD W1 website. (Even with the sale pricing)

Here are the most popular options for the vehicle in order from more popular to least popular based on our sales of the catch cans:

1) (NEW) ADD W1 V3.3 - Baffled Dual Inlet Oil Catch Can Kit - K5 Optima Store (Dual inlet can to collect oil from both sides of the engine, includes mounting bracket)

2) (NEW) ADD W1 V3 Baffled Oil Catch Cans - K5 Optima Store (Single inlet and outlet, optional mounting bracket available)

3) Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can - K5 Optima Store (Higher quality, twice the capacity of the ADD W1 Catch Cans)

4) Mishimoto Catch Can - Base Version Universal - K5 Optima Store (More universal type, very similar to the ADD W1, but non-baffled)

We realize it can be tricky trying to figure out the best option for you. The ADD V3.3 is vehicle specific, meaning it will come with all of the hoses, brackets, and fittings you need to install directly onto 2015 Optima 2.0T without any of the guess work trying to figure out what size bracket, hoses, and fittings are needed.

Just let us know if you have any questions about any of these, as we do carry all of them in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts