Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima EX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone else did with their suspension that was comfy again, I hear the OEM ones don't last long. Is there any suggestions what brand make it smooth ride again ?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
Didn't realize they didn't last very long as the '11 has 192,000 miles no problem and the old '08 was sold maybe a month ago with 294,000 mies, original suspension.
Having said that, there are always units that give out early, so have them checked to see if any signs of leakage/damage, no sense spending money needlessly.
Might want to look at aftermarket units, RockAuto, maybe even ebay.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima EX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well if not smoothe animate ... every bump feels ... I'd say it's time to replace.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was wondering what everyone else did with their suspension that was comfy again, I hear the OEM ones don't last long. Is there any suggestions what brand make it smooth ride again ?
Just have the end links checked. If your car is going 'clank clunk clank' over bumps...its the "sway bar end links" if you hear it in tge front. These links cost $20 buck each. You need two, and it is EASY to replace them. Basically.....the bushings are shot.
Start there, but it could be other suspension components. Just FYI

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,677 Posts
If you are interested in replacing your struts and shocks with new ones, shoot us over an email for pricing.

We carry them for the 2011-2015 Kia Optima models. [email protected]

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima EX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for all the replies, I'll check out the bushings before buying anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts