Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an upgrade to allow apple car play to the head-unit? Or even a bracket to support an aftermarket install?

·
Registered
2014 sx turbo
27 Posts
Is there an upgrade to allow apple car play to the head-unit? Or even a bracket to support an aftermarket install?
I don’t know but I HATE the Bluetooth connection with the UVO system . It’s truly one of the only things I don’t like about the Inside. It definitely could use an update to work better with Apple devices .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’ve heard that kia offered an update for apple carplay on the 2015 model (literally the exact same as the 2014) but not for the 2014. I even asked if I were to buy the screen from a 2015 model and put it in my 2014 SXL if that would work and they said no :/ really don’t want to have an aftermarket stereo because I’m worried about steering wheel controls not working and just want the screen to look clean and fit in with the interior

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my wife’s 2013 hybrid, the UVO is the only thing I truly dislike. We are frequently resetting the system due to loosing sound in the rear speakers. I connected an RCA adapter to the rear speakers for a small subwoofer in her trunk. I didn’t upgrade the head unit in fear of loosing backup camera and steering wheel controls. I am hoping to surprise my wife with a new stereo unit and would love to hear if anyone has completed this yet. She has an iPhone 11pro and has no issues with Bluetooth, but the backup camera visibility is terrible and the constant resetting is frustrating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t know but I HATE the Bluetooth connection with the UVO system . It’s truly one of the only things I don’t like about the Inside. It definitely could use an update to work better with Apple devices .
Same here! I'm a fan of my car, and with this heat my phone mount doesn't stay in place...having use of the screen would be amazing! #KiaHelpUs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts