Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Optima Si 2014
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking at upgrading my stock 2014 stereo, which is non-touch/no nav (see pic below). In Australia, right hand drive.

But the only facia kit sold on the net regardless of LHD/RHD, advertised by many for 2011-2015 models inclusive is visibly not compatible!

One pic below is the facia kit and 2013 stock facia. Other picture below is my 2014 with stock facia. Clearly the facia for the 2013 does not contour around the vent, whereas my facia extends around the vent. So essentially the facia kit would not cover it fully. The left vent is also shaped slightly differently.

I am at a loss as I would like to upgrade to an aftermarket stereo but there is no facia kit for me. I am especially interested in the Tesla style large screen but cannot due to this problem.

Has anyone else encountered this problem with incompatible facia kits, or is there a work around?

Attachments

·
Registered
David Kia Optima TF Si
2 Posts
Hi there,

You may already have the answer to this, but... yes, this is the wrong facia.

You need this one:

I don't know how easy this one is to find in Aus, but you should be able to order. I live in Australia as well, and recently bought the equivalent Metra kit on eBay.

Let me know if you need any further info.

S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts