Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia SX Turbo
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

My car currently has the base radio and no backup camera, but I was wondering how expensive/laborious it would be to add one.

I see that you can buy OEM cameras for a good chunk of change online, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with third party options that fit and have decent resolution. I am also curious what displays you matched them with. Should I just get a full touchscreen radio and dash kit, or will something like a rear-view mirror camera work well enough?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,763 Posts
Oem would be out of the question, best to go aftermarket, so take a look at Yada Digital wireless.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So my Optimas backup camera is slightly pointed to the left and IDK how it got like that. I just noticed it like a year ago and today it dawned on me to ask this subreddit lol. Is there any way to adjust it? I'm tired of thinking I pulled in perfect and I'm on the line because of the camera. Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
1,829 Posts
Physically feel the camera where it sticks out of the trunk. Does it wiggle or move? Maybe one of the attachment arms broke off, so it dangles to the side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts