Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2014 optima lx with just the basic radio. i upgraded my head unit with the pioneer 601ex and it worked great the first day. the next morning i got in the car the digital clock on the dash was out and radio was nonfuntional. i checked all fuses and rechecked the connections and connectors on the head unit. all seem fine. still cant get any power from radio or clock. can anyone help me?? and i also unplugged the pioneer and even put the oem radio back in but it too had no power.

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
If you checked the correct fuse (audio or multimedia), based on your version in the owners manual, and it was definitely fine then I would suspect the power or ground connection is faulty. Was this installed with splicers into to factory wiring harness or an adapter? The splicers could be a weak connection if used. If the new radios ground wire was added and screwed onto a metal bracket double check that connection. I've also read there is a tiny hole on the factory unit that you can press with a paper clip to reset the radio. Maybe needs that after the swapping back and forth. Good luck!

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Not sure about the clock tie in, but this sounds like a good clue there is a fuse you have overlooked burned out that must control deeper. Is anything else like the USB/lighter ports not working? I don't think the Aux fuse would be player but maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes the lighter ports work.i dont know about the usb port i ran the usb cable that came with the aftermarket into the factory location and unplugged the original usb and aux ports.

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Are the lights within the factory radios buttons showing or the whole sha-bang is dead? Have you tried a disconnect of the battery ground for about 30 seconds to reset the whole system? Worth a shot.

·
Registered
2015 Optima SXL
54 Posts
Since you used an adapter I highly doubt any wires burned out, just not possible unless was a massive flaw in the aftermarket radio. The most logical issue is a fuse. If it was me I would pull and check every fuse in both the under dash and engine bay. If nothing is found it's a trip to maybe Best Buy radio installers or the dealer for diagnostics. Sorry not more help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts