Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit, I'm getting older...what I need are the brightest headlights I can install in my 2014 Optima. (and I can't be worried if others think I have high beams on....) Suggestions would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
First of all do you have stock HID or Halogen? Are your stock lighting dim or you just want to upgrade to brighter bulbs? This will let members to chime in to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had stock and installed Cree 6000lm, and they just aren't bright enough, or reach out enough. Old eyes...

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had stock and installed Cree 6000lm, and they just aren't bright enough, or reach out enough. Old eyes...
HID is the way to go on these cars.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looking around, I see some with and without a significant harness? Complicated indtallation?
Maybe slightly more difficult than the LEDs you installed. Have you checked out K5 Optima store? They carry some of the best aftermarket kits.

Reactions: K5 Optima Store

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe slightly more difficult than the LEDs you installed. Have you checked out K5 Optima store? They carry some of the best aftermarket kits.
Yup...was looking at the Morimoto Elite Kit..which has an extensive harness. One install video showed pulling off the front bumper...not really into that level of a mod...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yup...was looking at the Morimoto Elite Kit..which has an extensive harness. One install video showed pulling off the front bumper...not really into that level of a mod...
That shouldn't be necessary. At least not on my 2013.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Which kit did you settle on?
Use just the bulbs and ballast?
The Morimoto Elite. Bulbs, ballasts, relay, everything.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
OK neemster...where did you find to mount the ballast on the drivers side? Not much room over there!
On the headlight housing. I believe on one of the sides or maybe the bottom if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here for comments. I purchased a 2011 and did not realize I did not have bottom lights and I can hardly see a thing at night and have to use my high beams at times.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts