Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a oil leak near the on the bottom of the casing around the flywheel. Does anybody know what that might be?

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
That sounds like a bushing or seal packing around the flywheel is starting to fail... Better get that looked at by a professional. Use a scope if you want to get a closer look.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
I have a oil leak near the on the bottom of the casing around the flywheel. Does anybody know what that might be?
Just to be certain, you're speaking of an area, bottom of engine, driver's side?
Color of fluid? Just to be certain, oil, ATF, or even coolant which I doubt, but dab it with a something white, or
check color if any on floor.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
139 Posts
Have you had your turbo oil line replaced? Mine was replaced twice. There is a tsb on it. They have updated the part. Mine was leaking in the same area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,387 Posts
Have you had your turbo oil line replaced? Mine was replaced twice. There is a tsb on it. They have updated the part. Mine was leaking in the same area
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normally, the turbo oil feed line will leak on the passenger side as that is where the line is located.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts